Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How to have a bridal shower with GF options 101

I hosted my niece's bridal shower at my place this weekend. Apart from the cupcakes and sandwiches, which were brought in from the outside, I prepared everything else and made sure it was gluten free and vegetarian. My daughter knew what to eat and what to stay away from.
Tomato/mozzarella/basil drizzled with balsamic
These wonderful tomato/mozzarella/basil bites were a hit. I ended up having to refill the plate three times. Drizzled with aged, thick balsamic/garlic/olive oil and parsley, they are so yummy and low-carb. It's what I munched on all day. Putting each on a toothpick just makes it so much easier to eat.

Fresh strawberries with cream cheese dip

The strawberries were also a hit. Fresh fruit is always lovely on a buffet and these are asy to arrange, then dipped in cream cheese/marshmallow fluff. (OK, not 100% vegetarian, but most people don't care about that. I love the strawberries!)

And although the cupcakes ordered for the party were not GF, I did buy four GF red velvet cupcakes from Sprinkles for the occasion, making sure the gluten-free guests were taken care of. They were wonderful and we were all happy, most of all my niece, who is marrying a wonderful guy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment