|My new addiction|
1. Once all the ingredients are in the pot and mixed, and the butter is melted, let it simmer/boil for 5 minutes without touching or stirring (resist the urge to stir, and I know that's hard to do). Then add the baking soda.
2. I used 8 cups of popcorn (1.5 bags) but I think I would use 6-7 next time since not all of the popcorn got a good coating of the caramel. Although it's not bad if some of it is lightly coated. That's up to you.
3. Even though it bakes for an hour, don't forget to stir it every 15 minutes so it cooks evenly. I spread it out on two large roasting pans that I sprayed with non-stick spray to make it easier.
4. I melted a bag of GF chocolate chips and drizzled it for just a little more decadence. If you do that, make sure you put in the fridge to harden a bit.
5. I dare you to make this and not eat it all night. I bagged it up right away and handed it out the next day. I made sure to leave enough for all of us to eat, but it's so addicting...it's hard to stop once you start. Trust me.
I think this would make a great hostess gift or even something to bring to a potluck or party if you can't decide. Best caramel corn ever...really.